Need a new NBI clearance, a document that needs to authenticated, or do you want your Philippine drivers license to be used in Korea? Here ...
Need a new NBI clearance, a document that needs to authenticated, or do you want your Philippine drivers license to be used in Korea? Here are the frequently asked questions (FAQ) provided by the Philippine Embassy of Seoul.
1. When will I receive my documents (Notarial/Authentication)?Your documents will be released after 3 working days.
2. I’m in a hurry and I need to have the authentication of my documents rushed. Can I request for expedited processing?Yes. You can request for expedited processing for an additional fee of KRW 13,420 per document. Your document will be released the following working day between 1pm and 3pm.
3. I live far from the Embassy and can’t travel to apply for a Special Power of Attorney (SPA). Will the Embassy allow me to apply for an SPA without personal appearance?Your personal appearance at the Embassy is required when you apply for a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) since you need to personally sign the document in front of the Embassy’s Consular Staff.
4. Can I have my documents from the Philippines authenticated by the Embassy?The Embassy can only authenticate documents issued in Korea, notarized by a local notary, and certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of South Korea.
Documents from the Philippines should be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) in the Philippines.
5. Can I change my Philippine Driver’s License to a Korean driver’s license here in Korea? What are the requirements?Yes. The Embassy can issue a certification that you can present to Korean authorities to change your Philippine driver’s license to a Korean driver’s license. The Embassy can issue this certification upon the presentation of the following requirements: (1) DFA-authenticated Certification of your Driver’s License from the Land Transportation Office (LTO) of the Philippines and (2) your driver’s license card.
6. Do I need to set an appointment for Authentication/Notarial?No. You don’t need an appointment for Authentication/Notarial.
7. Can I apply for an NBI Clearance at the Embassy?You may start your application for NBI Clearance at the Embassy by filling out and affixing your fingerprints on the NBI application form available at the Embassy’s consular section.
Please note that the Embassy does not issue the NBI clearance but merely certifies your entries.
After having your NBI application form certified by the Embassy, you may send it to your representative in the Philippines together with a Special Power of Attorney (SPA), who will take these documents to the nearest NBI office on your behalf.