Are you a Filipino in Korea and lost your passport or the validity is expired? Here are some frequency asked questions when applying for a ...
Are you a Filipino in Korea and lost your passport or the validity is expired? Here are some frequency asked questions when applying for a new passport in the Philippine Embassy in Korea.
1. When will I receive my new passport?Your passport will be released 4 to 6 weeks after the date of your application.
2. When should I renew my passport?The immigration authorities of almost all countries require at least 6 months’ validity on a passport to be allowed entry into a country. To be perfectly safe, the Embassy recommends that you renew your passport one (1) year before its expiration date.
3. I need to travel soon and I cannot renew my passport. Can I request for an extension?The Embassy can only extend the validity of your passport if:
• There is a death in the family requiring the OFW and members of his/her dependent family to urgently travel to the Philippines;
• There is a medical or legal emergency requiring the OFW and members of his/her dependent family to urgently travel to the Philippines or any other country for medical treatment or legal proceedings;
The Embassy can process your application for passport extension if there is sufficient proof for the above circumstances. The proof may be in the form of a death certificate, medical certificate, and similar medical documents, subpoena or notice of hearing and the like.