Did your favorite drama make it to Netflix's top list?
According to Forbes.com, the below South Korean dramas ranked on the video-on-demand's top list for the year. They were most viewed from January 1, 2021, through December 7, 2021.
1. Squid Game (One Season, 9 Episodes)
2. Hellbound (One Season, 6 Episodes)
3. My Name (One Season, 8 Episodes)
4. Vincenzo (One Season, 20 Episodes)
5. Sweet Home (One Season, 10 Episodes)
6. Love Alarm (Two Seasons, 14 Episodes)
7. Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha (One Season, 16 Episodes)
8. Nevertheless (One Season, 10 Episodes)
9. Run On (One Season, 16 Episodes)
10. Sisyphus (One Season, 16 Episodes)
The list was based on TV Time's research. The platform has 19 million users worldwide.
Squid Game's first month on the platform garnered more than 142 million binge-watchers, making the show an instant global sensation. It smashed every Netflix record for any of its past shows.
Netflix's major hit was the 14-episode love story series, The King’s Affection. It was released in October, so it did not have much time to be part of the Top 10 shows.
For 2022, the strong contenders are the latest K-dramas, The Silent Sea, and Our Beloved Summer.
What's your bet this coming year?